Q. What is Multi-zone?
- Multi-zone is characterized by networks and data centers which are physically separated in each country-specific region.
- In Multi-zone, configuring either redundancy or HA is available for high availability and continuity. DR zone also can be configured.
- At present, NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM Multi-zone is targeted only for Korea region but the service will be extended to the rest of the regions in the coming years.
Q. How is NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM Multi-zone formed?
- Multi-zone is Korea region is represented by networks connecting data centers, which are physically separated form each other (KR-1 and KR-2).
- The Multi-zone service infrastructure will be provided zone by zone or region by region depending on the service.
- For such infrastructure services as server and storage, an independent infrastructure has been established for each zone.
- For such services as security, application, and management, an infrastructure has been built region by region.
- By using load balancers provided region by region, you can duplicate the server between and among Multi-zone.
- While, in Multi-zone, you can be provided with either private or public network bandwidth for each zone, you can use the same IP bandwidth with a load balancer.
Q. What is in the NAVER CLOUD PLATFORM Multi-zone service?
- Zone : Services available zone by zone
- Region : Services available region by region (That is, the common services across the zone)
- Global : Services available in the global region (That is, the common services across the region)
|Virtual Dedicated Server||Available||Available||Zone|
|My Server Image||Available (Common)||Region|
|Storage Snapshot||Available (Common)||Region|
|Auto Scaling||Available||Available||Zone||It can be created in another zone.|
|Storage||Object Storage||Available (Common)||Region|
|Block Storage||Available||Available||Zone||Either HDD or SSD is provided and you can both detach and attach.|
|NAS||Available||Available||Zone||It can be mounted to a server in another zone.|
|Network||Load Balancer||Available (Common)||Region||It supports redundancy between zones.|
|Global Internet Service||Available||Not Available||Zone|
|CDN+||Available (Common)||Region||This is KR--only.|
|Global CDN||Available (Common)||Global|
|IPsecVPN||Available||Available||Zone||Private Subnet and Network Interface should be configured in advance.|
|Global Route Manager||Available (Common)||Global|
|NAT Gateway||Available (Common)||Region|
|Database||Cloud DB||Available||Available||Zone||KR-2 is under review for release.|
|Sub Account||Available (Common)||Global|
|Web service Monitoring System||Available (Common)||Global|
|Analytics||Cloud Log Analytics||Available (Common)||Global|
|Effective Log Search & Analytics||Available (Common)||Global|
|App Safer||Available (Common)||Global|
|Site Safer||Available (Common)||Global|
|File Safer||Available (Common)||Global|
|Security Monitoring||Available (Common)||Region||Managed service|
|SSL VPN||Available (Common)||Global|
|Web Security Checker||Available (Common)||Global|
|System Security Checker||Available (Common)||Global|
|App Security Checker||Available (Common)||Global|
|Compliance Guide||Available (Common)||Global|
|Key Management Service||Available (Common)||Global|
|Application Service||GeoLocation||Available (Common)||Region||This is KR--only.|
|Simple & Easy Notification Service||Available (Common)||Region||This is KR--only.|
|API Gateway||Available (Common)||Global|
|Search Trend||Available (Common)||Global|
|AI Service||CSR||Available (Common)||Global|
|Papago NMT||Available (Common)||Global|
|Papago Korean Name Romanizer||Available (Common)||Global|
|Biz Application||WORKPLACE||Available (Common)||Region|
|Dev Tools||Jenkins||Available (Common)||Global|
|Hybrid Private Cloud||Available||Not Available||Zone||Managed service|
Q. How can I use the Multi-zone?
- Access the portals and / or Consoles and follow the next steps to use the service.
- Look up available services zone by zone : Identify each service and its feature which is available to use from Multi-zone.
- Configure services for each zone : Configure redundancy for Multi-zone considering the importance of each service (You can also use a single zone).
- Provide a service : Provide a service which has been configured in Multi-zone or in a single zone.